Credit Unit 1 Introduction
Welcome to Credit Unit 1 for Business Law. This course is vital in understanding high level topics related to business law. Whether you are a small business owner, plan to work for a major corporation, or want to learn more about your rights, this course will touch on all of these areas and will provide you with valuable learning opportunities.
For Credit Unit 1, the course will take an in-depth look at the many sources of law. Credit Unit 1 will outline what law is and the role of law in business in the United States.
After establishing an understanding of the sources of law, Credit Unit 1 will jump right into litigation and alternative dispute resolution. You will learn what litigation is and the process of alternative dispute resolution.
The final area covered in Credit Unit 1 is tort law. You will learn what torts are and gain knowledge about the background of torts, what negligence is, intentional torts, and strict liability.
Credit Unit Outcomes:
- Explain the origins of the American legal system.
- Apply elements of law to specific individual and business scenarios.
- Understand the requirements for a valid contract and apply those requirements to specific contractual activities.
- Recognize the interconnectedness of the legal system to business, society, and the environment.
- Explain the impact of the uniform commercial code, UCC, on the business environment.