Module 4 Lecture Outline
Module 4 Lecture Outline: CNC Setup and Program Exedution
- Define the location of the G-54 (what holding device will you be using; Vice, jig, plate, pin, hole, etc.)
- Define the origin of the G-54, (Edge-find the part or vice; sweep a hole or a pin) this origin will be your X=0, Y=0.
- Load the tool carousel in order of operation (Tool 1 = operation 1, Tool 2 = operation 2, etc.)
- Set Z0 of all tooling from the top of the part
- Double check the workspace for collisions and, there is enough travel in all directions to machine the part.
- Upload G-code
- It is recommended to reduce all rapid traverse and feed rates prior to running the part. Once you are sure that the program is running properly, then increases feed rates.
- Check coolant reservoir prior to executing the program.
- Run the part and inspect it after it is complete; make needed offsets and fine tune the program as necessary.
Last modified: Thursday, 15 July 2021, 3:01 PM