Assignment: Chapter 13 Exercises
WEEK 8, CHAPTER 13 EXERCISES
Please refer to the textbook for information that may help you complete these exercises.
Exercise 13-1: Accomplishments Worksheet
Complete the following worksheet. Prior to answering each question, review the trigger words. Whenever possible, quantify your answers by documenting how many, how often, and how much. Do not worry if you cannot answer every question. The purpose of this exercise is to begin identifying accomplishments.
(Qualify your answers)
1. What have you done in your career or career-building activities that you are most proud of?
2. List something that you have achieved at work or school.
3. What tasks have you performed at work and in career-building activities?
4. What results have you produced from the tasks performed?
5. List three things that demonstrate your ability to produce results.
6. What have you done that shows an ability to successfully work with people?
7. What else have you accomplished professionally or educationally that makes you proud?
8. What extracurricular activities have you been involved with?
9. What special skills including a foreign language do you possess?
10. What areas of interest do you have?
Exercise 13-2: Identify Target Employers
Identify your target location and three companies/employers in your target location that may be of interest to you.
Exercise 13-3:List Your References
List three people you can use as references. Then list at least three people you can ask to write you a letter of recommendation. Include their relationship to you.
Letter of Recommendation
Exercise 13-4:Identify Your Current Network
Where have you met people who could be on your professional network list?