Assignment: Chapter 15 Activities
Please refer to the textbook for information
that may help you complete these activities.
Identify a local company
for which you would like to interview. Using the following table, conduct a
thorough targeted job search on this company. Answer as many of the questions
1. Company name
2. Company address
3. Job title
4. To whom should the cover letter be addressed?
5. What are the job requirements?
6. Is this a full-time or part-time job?
7. What are the hours/days of work?
8. What are the working conditions?
9. Is there room for advancement?
10. What kind of training is offered?
11. What other positions
12. What are the average starting salaries (benefits)?
13. Is traveling or
14. Where is the business located (home office, other
15. What are the products or services that the employer
16. What is the mission statement?
17. What kind of
18. What is the size of the employer’s organization
19. What is the growth history of the organization for
20. How long has the employer been in business?
21. Who is the employer’s competition?
Write a statement to use
during an invitation to an interview that will help you secure all relevant
obtained in your target company research (Activity 15-1), write three common
interview questions and responses. Integrate relevant company information in
Conduct a salary search
for a target job. Identify the salary range. Using your research data, write
out a statement you could use to negotiate a higher salary.