In this module the student will learn how to safely calculate various dosage calculations. The student will learn various techniques for calculating dosages including ways to calculate for pills, liquids, injections and IV fluids. In order to progress in the course the student must pass the calculation exam with 80% accuracy.
The student will apply mathematic principles to perform the following objectives.
- Demonstrate accurate dosage calculations with ration & proportion method.
- Calculate dosages with dimensional analysis method.
- Calculate drip factor and flow rate for a given amount of an IV solution over a given period of time.
Readings and Resources
Chapter 33, Pages: 629 – 642, deWit, Susan C. Fundamental Concepts and Skills for Nursing
- Post Discussion - Dosage Calculations
- Exam - Dosage Calculation
Last modified: Friday, 26 August 2016, 1:23 PM