Medication Administration Part 2
This module discusses how to properly and safely prepare and administer medications using various routes. The student nurse needs to know how to administer medications via routes such as; oral, through a tube, in eyes, ears & nose, rectally & vaginally as well as various injection methods. The student will be able to prepare and administer medications as well as correctly document the medication administration. There will be a skills check off by your clinical instructor so that he/she is able to verify your ability to properly use ALL routes and methods to administer medication.
Upon completion of this module, the student will be able to apply the nursing process to the following objectives:
- Administer medications via various routes.
- Document administration of medication and patient’s response on medical record.
Reading and Resources
Chapter 35, Pages: 682 - 693, deWit, Susan C. Fundamental Concepts and Skills for Nursing,
- Post Discussion - Administering injections
- Complete Exam - Medical Administration 1 and 2
- Perform Nursing Skills Performance Check off