Growth and Development - Adult
In this module we will look at the various adult age groups. The types of phases they go through as they develop from young adult through retirement will be discussed. This will include marriage, starting families, careers, working and retirement. We will also study the aging process and theories of aging. Additional topics covered will include nutrition, activity, health care and safety.
Upon completion of this module, students will be able to:
- Differentiate between early adulthood, middle adulthood, and late adulthood
- Identify the physical, cognitive, and psychosocial development of each of the above groups
- Recall major health concerns of the young adult, middle-age adult and older adult.
- Recognize nursing interventions for health concerns for each adult group
- Identify community health programs designed to prevent illness and promote health for each age group
Reading and Resources
Please read the following pages:
Chapter 12 - Adulthood and the Family
deWit, Susan C. Fundamental Concepts and Skills for Nursing
- Complete: Reading and Resources
- Post in:Growth and Development - Adult Discussion
- Complete: Assignment - Life Expectancy Survey