- Series Circuit
- Parallel Circuit
- Ohm's Law
- Kirchoff's Law
Sample Learning Goals
- Explore basic electricity relationships.
- Explain basic electricity relationships in series and parallel circuits.
- Use an ammeter and voltmeter to take readings in circuits.
- Provide reasoning to explain the measurements and relationships in circuits.
- Build circuits from schematic drawings.
- Determine if common objects are conductors or insulators.
- Predict how changing each variable will affect the resistance.
- Explain the difference between resistance and resistivity.
Circuit Construction Kit: DC
Experiment with an electronics kit! Build circuits with batteries, resistors, light bulbs, fuses, and switches. Determine if everyday objects are conductors or insulators, and take measurements with an ammeter and voltmeter. View the circuit as a schematic diagram, or switch to a lifelike view.
Resistance in a Wire
Observe changes to the equation and wire as you play with the resistivity, length, and area sliders.