Welcome to Programmable Controls I
The course is a study of the installation, programming and troubleshooting of programmable controlled systems currently used in an industrial environment. The focus will be on Installation, Programming, Engineering and Maintenance tasks performed with PLC systems. The primary PLC used for this class will be the Allen Bradley SLC-500 and CompactLogix, using RSLogix 500, RSLogix5000 and RSLinx software. The topics presented will be learned through Online instructional material, and hands on labs.
IND 120 Industrial Electricity I
Intro to ControlLogix Programmable Automation Controller, Gary Dunning, 2nd Edition
Publisher is Delmar Cengage Learning, ISBN-10: 1-111-53929-4
Thumb Drive (memory stick), VOM, screw drivers – Phillips, straight blade, wire strippers.
After completing this course the student will
This course will consist of 8 competencies (Objectives):
1. Explain the function of a PLC in an industrial environment
2. Set up communications between a PLC and a programming panel
3. Configure and program an Allen Bradley SLC-500 system.
4. Install and maintain basic control system based on the SLC-500
5. Troubleshoot an Allen Bradley SLC-500 system.
6. Program an Allen Bradley CompactLogix with RSLogix5000
7. Maintain and troubleshoot an Allen Bradley CompactLogix system
8. Interpret AB PLC-5 hardware addressing & block transfer instructions
- This week