Welcome to the Programmable Controller II course
Course Description: This course is an in depth study of the Allen Bradley CompactLogix system, and how to use RSLogix5000 programming software to program, monitor and troubleshoot a system. The primary focus will be on the processor memory structure, the intermediate instruction set, analog I/O modules and using the RSLogix5000 software. Students will learn all the data structures used across most industrial PLCs, as well a Tag based system, versus and address based system (SLC-500). Learning how the instructions work within a program will be a critical part of skills development for troubleshooting. A critical part of this course is learning how to search for objects in the L5000 project with RSLogix5000, as a method of increasing troubleshooting efficiency. Students will also learn of the different programming languages used for the ControlLogix platform (Ladder Logic, Structured Text, Sequential Function Charts).
PLC200 Programmable Controller I
Introduction to the ControlLogix Programmable Automation Controller, 2nd Edition, by Gary Dunning. ISBN: 978-0-8269-1226-8
Calculator; Safety Eyewear; DMM (approved by instructor); Memory Stick
After completing this course the student will
The PLC210 course will consist of 10 competencies:
1. Configure and Troubleshoot CompactLogix Comparison Instructions.
2. Configure and Troubleshoot CompactLogix Move/Logical Instructions.
3. Configure and Troubleshoot CompactLogix File/Misc. Instructions.
4. Configure and Troubleshoot the CompactLogix Sequencer (SQO) instruction.
5. Configure and Troubleshoot CompactLogix Program Control Instructions.
6. Interpret and configure CompactLogix data types and Tag types.
7. Configure and Troubleshoot CompactLogix project structures.
8. Manipulate RSLogix5000 to search for ladder & data objects for troubleshooting.
9. Manipulate RSLogix5000 to add/modify/display project documentation for troubleshooting.
10. Configure and Troubleshoot Analog I/O module