PA2 Assignment - What is GPS?
GPS allows us to use technology inn a variety of ways in the agricultural field. Students will learn about navigating online maps and applying fundamental geographic knowledge.
Readings and Resources:
Read and review:
- GPS Applications in Crop Production
- Presentation: Introduction to Global Positioning Systems
- Research online articles on the topic GPS in Precision Agriculture
After reviewing the readings on GPS - Research online and define “What is GPS and how is it used in Agriculture?”
The assignment must:
- Define “What is GPS and how is it used in Agriculture?” including the 4 systems where GPS is used in agriculture; what environmental factors may affect the GPS signal and what is DGPS?
- Fully addresses all aspects of the question.
- Demonstrates excellent critical thinking skills through multiple examples and ideas.
After completing the questions; save the file with (your initials_Assignment_Unit 5_2) and submit the assignment by the due date listed in the Course Calendar.
This assignment has a point value of: 20 points