PA2 - 5 Assignment - Using ArcGIS for agriculture
ArcGIS is a computer system that allows you to map, model, query, and analyze large quantities of data within a single database according to their location. In this assignment students will be reviewing the basic features in the software program called ArcGIS online.
The purpose of this exercise is to familiarize students with the capabilities of ArcGIS. Students will review ArcGIS online tutorials. As they go through the tutorials they will locate Beatrice and Southeast Community College on the map; marking the relevant buildings on the campus.
- Students will need to sign up for a 60 trial of ArcGIS online; a free online version of the program ArcGIS.
- After completing enrollment: students are to view the guided tours:
- Learn to make a map,
- Learn to style a map,
- Learn to explore Esri map layers.
- Precision Ag Technology – GIS
- Virtual Lecture: Graphic Information Systems
- Pdf of Virtual Lecture: Graphic Information Systems
- All assignment documents
Access: ArcGIS online
The assignment must
- Locate and mark Beatrice and Southeast Community College on the map
- Locate and mark the relevant buildings on the map
- Save and upload a copy of the map to assignment folder.
This assignment has a point value of: 20 points