PA2 - 6 Assignment - Surety Map 1
Precision maps - Surety Maps outline
Precision maps assist farmers by showing them precise locations in the field and providing them specific information about that location. A precision map is a map that is made up of geo-referenced data that can then be used to show information about a precise location in a field, as well as information on crop moisture levels, soil nutrients levels, crop yield and much more. (www.farms.com)
One of the tools available for precision agriculture is Surety Maps. For this assignment students will work with Surety Maps to investigate its basic features and how it operates.
- Surety Maps Outline (This has the complete instructions)
- Precision Maps http://www.farms.com/precision-agriculture/precision-maps/
- Instructor Tutorial Instructions
- Instructor Tutorial Videos (Use these links to access the videos)
- tinymce-kalturamedia-embed||1 Surety Maps Getting Started [02:32]||400||285
- tinymce-kalturamedia-embed||2 Surety Maps Working with maps [04:26]||400||285
- tinymce-kalturamedia-embed||3 Surety Maps Drawing a map [04:27]||400||285
- tinymce-kalturamedia-embed||4 Surety Maps Pivot [01:25]||400||285
- tinymce-kalturamedia-embed||5 Surety Maps Labeling [02:13]||400||285
- tinymce-kalturamedia-embed||6 Surety Maps Symbols [01:40]||400||285
After reviewing the instructor videos and working through the tutorials complete:
Surety Maps Activity 1
Upload saved pdf’s or images into Surety Maps Assignment 1
by clicking on the Assignment title.
Note: It is easier to upload all the documents at one time.
Outline the boundary of the SCC Beatrice Campus
Create a pdf of the map a boundary of the Beatrice Campus
Create a pdf of the map a boundary of the Beatrice Campus with soil types
Create a pdf of the map after putting symbols on buildings
Create a pdf of the map after labeling each of the buildings: